101. The fire was finally brought under control, but not __________ extensive damage had been caused.
39. I like black coffee so much because the stronger it is, ______ .
AI like it better
Bthe more I like
Cthe better I like it
DI like it more
94. As a public relations officer, he is said _______ some very influential people.
Ato have been knowing
Bto be knowing
Cto have known
83. This official proposal met with even more _______ than Temple’s original plan.
62. Not a ______ has been found so far that can help the police find the criminal.
104. We hadn't met for 20 years, but I recognized her __________ I saw her.
Afor the moment
Bthe moment when
Cat the moment when
89. Quite a lot of people watch TV only to _______ time.
109. He wrote an article criticizing the Greek poet and won ___ and a scholarship.
43. They said that they wouldn't mind ______.
Ato have a little light music
Bhaving a little light music
Chave a little light music
Dif they have a little light music
18. A person ______ others call “lucky" is usually an intelligent, hard worker who takes full advantage of opportunities.
23. ______ at the airport, Mrs. Robertson felt a great burden taken off her shoulders.
ASeen her two sisters-in-law off
BHaving seen her two sisters-in law off
CWith her two sisters-in-law seen off
DBy seeing her two sisters-in-law off
85. When we finally _______ to get home after the tiring journey, we could hardly move a step further.
77. Tiny atomic electric batteries have certain advantages over the _______ storage batteries.
102. Purchasing the new production line will be a _______ deal for the company.
78. Nylon fibers last longer and are stronger than natural fibers _______ silk or cotton.
Cas well as
33. His parents do not sympathize ______ him in his point of view.
16. Frank gambled his money away ______ Jane spent hers all on dresses.
112. The Car Club couldn't __________ to meet the demands of all its members.
69. His family ______ great hardship during the war.
75. The president could not go to the meeting, so Mr. Smith ______ him.