12. I can hardly believe that she bought the beautiful dress ______ only 50 yuan.
3. With low buildings the variety of possible shapes is much ______ than with taller buildings.
11. State constitutions have been amended, but ______ affect the basic principles.
Anot so much as
Bnot so as to
Cin order to
Dso long as to
97. A season ticket __________ the holder to make as many journeys as he wishes within the stated period of time.
17. We have not seen our next-door neighbors for weeks. They ______ somewhere for holiday.
Ashould have gone
Bneed have gone
Cought to have gone
Dmust have gone
5. They have no ______ wish ______ to live and work for their motherland.
Asame … as
Bsuch … as
Cother … than
Danother … than
90. Mr. Smith said that he did not want to _______ any further responsibilities.
65. On arriving at Singapore, we telephoned to ______ our mother’s uneasiness.
14. The basic fire insurance policy covers losses ______ damage or destruction by fire or lightning.
Aresulting directly from
Bresulted directly in
Cresulting directly in
Dresulted directly from
98. __________ in the office had made a mistake, and the firm regretted causing the customer inconvenience.
7. Miss Evans knows that Arthur and I can't be ______ the same committee. We are not compatible.
46. After criminals were caught, they were accused and put on ______.
86. I can not give you _______ for the type of car you sell because there is no demand for it in the market.
56. You cannot ______ it, for I saw you in the very act of doing it.
40. I have not found my book yet; in fact, I am not sure ______ I could have done with it.
91. By the time he arrives in Beijing, we __________ here for tow days.
Ahave been staying
Dwill have stayed
115. Eating too much fat can _____ heart disease and cause high blood pressure.
116. All the tasks _____ ahead of time, they decided to go on holiday for a week.
Ahad been fulfilled
Chaving been fulfilled
32. The southern part of the United States has become familiar ______ people around the world through such movies as "Gone With The Wind".
26. She could not help ______ as past events rushed into her mind.
Dto be weeping